I have not posted on here in quite awhile… I feel as though I have been so busy, but if you asked me what I’ve been doing I would have to think about it for awhile and then tell you “I’m not sure…”. I think it’s because our bed is no longer comfortable for my body and I have been sleeping on the couch (not to mention waking up to nurse once a night again). And Ben has been sleeping on the floor %75 of the time because it hurts his back. Needless to say, we have ordered a mattress. A memory foam mattress! I’m very excited and hoping that it meets our high hopes of sleeping a most luxurious and deeply restful sleep!
But, I have been learning (struggling might be a more appropriate word, but I’m trying to stay positive) how to live fully and enjoy and be present despite my very tired body and eyeballs. Here are some things in my/our life/lives that I have been able to enjoy in the midst of the sleepless week or so.
1. Right now I’m watching Mathias proudly flip through his plastic books looking at each page as if he knows exactly what every word is… and enjoying it. 🙂 Pretty dang cute.
2. Mathias has also been giving the best and biggest grins ever! He squints his eyes and smiles as big as he can, usually sticking his tongue out to where you can see his top front two teeth. We call it his “big cheese” smile. Talk about melt the heart.
3. My husband has been wonderfully sensitive to my sleepiness. He has helped me so much to stay on top of the kitchen cleaning. He got Mathias up for me this morning and even changed his diaper and clothes!! He has rubbed my back without me asking. He is so perfect! 🙂
4. I have had several amazing spiritual conversations and experiences with different people this week, all of us growing on our own paths together.
5. Ben and I have been able to go to several yoga classes at SIVA yoga and are SO enjoying it. Thanks to many wonderful friends who offer to babysit for us!
6. Mathias just keeps developing his personality more and more and Ben and I are having a blast watching him and creating a relationship with him.
I could probably keep going for awhile, but I don’t know how many details you are interested in actually reading, so I’ll stop. I’m so thankful for this time in my life. I’m learning many things about myself, my family, life, God. Learning to be in the present moment with this all. My brain is too tired to think about the future. And, I know that “this too shall pass”. I’m not gonna lie… I have had a few brake downs and pity parties for myself and stayed in my pj’s all day long several times, but overall, I feel that I have grown and matured a good deal lately. Praise God for the endless blessings!
Now, it is time for me to go learn more about disciplining my child… 🙂 I’m sure there will be a post about this soon.
Blessings to you all!